cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleared PC cache, now TV Go has no channels

IWantMyMTV
Tuning in

A PC security check cleared my cookies & cache yesterday, now on TV Go (logged in as usual), I have no channels nor any connected boxes.

I can't find the app in any Install/Remove function to be able to delete it and start again (the shortcut to the app is there and it works, but the actual programme to remove it isn't??). I can't find any way to add my boxes...

What have I missed/how do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IWantMyMTV wrote:

A PC security check cleared my cookies & cache yesterday, now on TV Go (logged in as usual), I have no channels nor any connected boxes.

I can't find the app in any Install/Remove function to be able to delete it and start again (the shortcut to the app is there and it works, but the actual programme to remove it isn't??). I can't find any way to add my boxes...

What have I missed/how do I fix this?

Hi @IWantMyMTV 

You should be able to find it in the Control Panel > Programs & Features > the scroll down to Virgin TV GO and uninstall from there.

On my W11 if I click on the Search bar in the bottom left hand corner and type in, "Virgin TV GO" it opens a pop up box where I can uninstall it.  Be sure to split TV GO into two separate words or it won't find it.

TV GOTV GO

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks but no such luck.

It doesn't come up under Programs & Features, and doing the search to find the app provides the Uninstall option... but all that does is bring up the Programs & Features window which doesn't list it. Really bizarre, I wasn't aware you could have programmes that didn't show up in that section.

Hey IWantMyMTV, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you attach a screenshot of what this looks like please.

Is it all channels including BBC, ITV etc? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

And today it returns to normal!

There were no connected boxes showing with no way (that I could find) to restore them with no channels being listed at all, I assume as if I was no longer subscribed.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for updating the thread @IWantMyMTV 😊

I am glad this is now working for you. Please pop back if anything changes.

Zoie