cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels not available

Veronique1
Tuning in

Hi, 
On the Virgin TV Go app (both on my ipad and iphone), I am continually getting the below error message for certain channels. 

Not available - sorry we can’t play this at the moment.

The channels are part of my package so there shouldn’t be an issue. I have tried deleting the app and re-downloading it but having the same problem. Any ideas pls?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Veronique1 

There are over 100 channels on the TV Go app to watch dependant on your TV package, however not every channel is available via the app due to copyright/contracts.

Which channels are you having the problems with, and which package are you on?

The info below is from https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/go-control 

Under The Legal Stuff > TV > TV Go subsection

TV Go: Content available to view depends on TV package. Not all channels/content from relevant pack available. Live streaming and On Demand requires broadband/WiFi or 3G/4G/5G access. UK only. Access via PC, Mac or TV Go App (selected iOS devices and Android™ devices only). Maximum 5 compatible devices per account can watch TV, and only 2 devices can stream at any one time. Only one Sky service can be streamed at a time. Other content restrictions apply.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. One channel is Sky Comedy and my package is the Mix Bundle so it is included but this has only been happening recently (the channel not being available).

I could access it in the past so not sure what has happened.

Many thanks

Good Morning @Veronique1, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've been struggling to watch Sky Comedy on the TV Go service, is this still on going?

I've been able to access my TV Go account on an Android device and was able to stream Sky Comedy without any issues this morning

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thanks for letting me know, perhaps I’ll try updating the software on my iPad or something. 

Yes sadly, it is still ongoing so I cannot watch certain channels.

Many thanks, Veronique

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Veronique1,

Please do let us know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

I haven’t had time to update my software as yet but the channels seem to be working again now! Perhaps a glitch in the system? 

Many thanks,

Veronique