cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Youtube videos not loading on wifi in the youtube app.

Robmariawest
On our wavelength

Hi there, I've been having a problem where certain youtube videos won't load on the youtube app on my phone. This happens when connected to wifi and when I switch to mobile data the video plays, but when I reconnect to wifi the video just buffers and will not play. Most videos do play well but certain videos never play on the youtube app. I've tried this on the youtube app on another phone and the same issue arises. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried all of the usual troubleshooting tips (clear cache & data, uninstall, reinstall, log out, reset wifi hub, restart phone etc) and none of them helped. When I use a vpn I no longer have the problem, but that of couse is not a viable option for day to day use.

13 REPLIES 13

That's fine, no there are no issues with any other streaming services, just youtube.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Is this specific to the one device? @Robmariawest

My apologies if this was already explained..

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The issue has now dissappeared somehow so I shall now end the thread. Thank you for the help it is much appreciated.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Robmariawest

Thank you for popping back to let us know the issue has now gone away. I'm pleased to hear YouTube is working well again for you.

If you have any further issues please do get back in touch 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena