cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant play saved recordings

Mpentony
Joining in

Have been able to play saved programmes on my phone for ages.

Now getting message " only available on home wifi" every time I try to play something. Both virgin box and phone are on the same wifi.

Diagnostics

Build : 4.33.0 Prod (4.33.14.088)
Device : samsung SM-A426B
Video Player : 2.11.7
Conviva : 4.0.10.141
Connection type : WiFi - (N/A)
Customer HH : 11419416
MQTT broker : CONNECTED
Device IP address : 192.168.0.102
SSDP status : 2021-10-01 00:21:05 GMT+01:00
CPE ID : 000378-EOSSTB-004006606505
CPE IP : Unknown
MQTT CPE status : ONLINE_RUNNING
Last Mqtt status check : 2021-10-01 00:19:58 GMT+01:00

Help!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are suffering the ‘CPE IP : Unknown’ problem.

I have seen this before but it doesn’t bother me as I don’t watch recordings on mobile devices. When I had it recently, it appeared to correct itself after a few days.

Over to Virgin Media staff to investigate for you and correct. They may take a few days to reach this thread and get involved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum @Mpentony and a very warm welcome you!

Can you please advise me if you're handset and the application on your handset is currently running the latest software?

Is it also possible to try uninstalling and reinstalling the application, as well as performing a pin hole reset on the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thanks for that.

My device is Samsung phone and 5g, running updated os, checked, no updates available.

Have uninstalled the app and re installed it, but still getting same error.

Thanks

Mary

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What needs to be understood in order to resolve this issue for those who suffer it is why the Virgin TV Go app fails to be provided with the local IP address of the TV 360.

When I last suffered this was when I upgraded my iPad to iPadOS 15. Don’t know if that is significant.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some further investigation and I’ve established that my iPad software level is not the culprit.

When I have this issue, it is my Norton 360 security software which is stopping the Virgin TV Go app  from being passed the IP address of the TV 360. If I toggle Norton 360’s own VPN on, it doesn’t allow the IP address through. With VPN toggled off, the IP address is provided and the Virgin TV Go app allows recordings to be watched.

This suggests that one area to look at if you suffer this problem is any security software you may have on your mobile device.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Mpentony

Thank you for updating. Can I just confirm is this only happening on one device or have you noticed this happening on your other devices too? 

Thanks again. 

So, such a strange outcome. My phone and laptop were registered as my 2 devices. I deregister my phone (even though nothing had changed) and reregistered it again and seems to have reconnected.

Very odd, but hopefully might help someone else.

Thanks everyone for your help 😄.

Mary

Thanks for the update Mpentony, does seem strange but we're glad to hear the issue is now resolved.

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob