cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to Sky Sports App

PETER1616
On our wavelength

I keep getting an error message when I try to log on to Sky Sports saying that my "subscription does not cover this channel" but I have sky sports in my package. Any suggestions? I have reloaded the app and turned my phone off and on again to no avail.

14 REPLIES 14

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PETER1616

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues logging into the Sky Sports app, I appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can take a look into this for you, please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I see this issue has been going on for well over a year and people are still having problems. I cannot log into the sky sports  app on my iPad using the virgin media log on button, I have never been able to , all I get is there was an unexpected error. There is nothing more frustrating than paying a large amount of money per month for absolutely nothing. It’s a new iPad, the apps are all the latest versions and it doesn’t work on my iPhone either. Life is too,short to spend on the phone to virgin, took me 6 and a half hours to get the package I paid for to work, utter shambles.

Hi Lulublue, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having logging in issues. Can you confirm if this happens both on the app and website?> Are you using the same log in details as the online account? ^Chris 

Hi, yes I use the same detail to get into my virgin media . It says unexpected error when I try to get in on the website or the app, so frustrating!

Hi Lulublue, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're sorry to hear this is happening when trying to use Sky Sports. Do you have the same issue when signing in through TV Go or signing in to My Virgin Media or do these load fine?

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No, everything else is fine , but I cannot log into sky sports, looking back there is obviously a problem as so many others have had the same issue, I cannot watch sky sports on anything except the tv, I keep getting the error message like many others. I would never have upgraded if I thought I would not be able to use it on my iPad 

Hi Lulublue, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We usually ask these questions as sometimes, it may look as though the issue is the same but more often than not, it isn't. 

In your circumstance, I will need to get an IT ticket raised so we can look in to things further for you. To do this I will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lulublue 

Are you logging in via the Virgin TV UK icon?

18064f72-90f9-407d-b957-99adfe4c9c63.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes, I am doing everything the way is should be done and still have the problem like hundreds of others!