cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t stream on to control app

Soozmills
Tuning in

Hello. 
i can’t  stream films on my virgin tv control app when I’m at home. 
It lets me watch series episodes that are in “my shows” but when I try and watch films from “my shows “ it says streaming not permitted, can only be watched on virgin tv box. 
I have watched one of the films on my phone before but now it shows that message when I try and watch it. 
Can anyone  tell me how to sort this please ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Soozmills

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing when try to watch a film on the TV Control app. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to watch films. Just to clarify: is the message you are getting "Out-of-home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV Box" or "Out-of-home streaming is not permitted for this content"?

Kind regards,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Soozmills

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing when try to watch a film on the TV Control app. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to watch films. Just to clarify: is the message you are getting "Out-of-home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV Box" or "Out-of-home streaming is not permitted for this content"?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi, 

thanks for answering it says streaming not allowed. watch on Tv only. I am in the house using the Wi-Fi. 
It says it for some series too. “Peeky blinders “ for instance. 
sue 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Soozmills

Thanks for the reply!

Does this occur on every single episode with these series or just certain episodes?

Do you have any other devices you can log into and try to stream the episodes so we can check if this is device specific?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

it’s all episodes of peaky blinders. And some films. Although some that are no longer playing on my phone ( or my husbands phone) have been watched on a phone before. It’s all very strange. 
I have a laptop. 
sue 

Hi @Soozmills, thanks a lot for your reply.

There can be certain permissions from the channels that the shows/films are on, that stop them being played on our TV Control app which are regularly reviewed.

Peaky Blinders can be obtained through BBC iPlayer if it's still not working for you, but what channels are the films being obtained from when you've recorded them? Can you give examples of this and if there's any pattern?

Many thanks

Tom_W