cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sign into TV Go app

chaynes85
Tuning in

Hi, I am a new Virgin Media user.

I cannot sign into my TV Go app. I get error ‘oops that hasn’t worked, please sign in with your main user account. Sub accounts can’t sign in using this service’

I'm signing in with my primary account which works with the other Virgin Media apps.

I can also use the account details to log into the Sky Sports site to stream those channels?

Any idea why it won't work with TV Go? I've reset the password using the link given when the login fails but the new details won't allow me access either.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

35 REPLIES 35

djanm
On our wavelength

I am also having this issue on xiaomi redmi 4x.

Tried the advice and it doesn't work.  As the previous poster said the password is proved correct but get the oops message

Hi djanm,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the TV Go issue. Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app? Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

djanm
On our wavelength

Hello 

For me it has just worked without uninstalls etc.  I tried signing in on my virgin media Wi-Fi at home,  I don't know if it was a coincidence but it worked.  Then it worked on mobile data after.  Perhaps the authentication server has intermittent problems. 

Derekj2601
Joining in

Please can you help as I am unable to sign into Virgin tv go?

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Derekj2601

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your TVGo currently. 

So we can assist, we just need a bit more information if possible 🙂 

• How are you trying to log into the TVGo? Via the App or online? 
  • What device are you using for the TVGo? Android, Apple or desktop?
  • What happens when you try and log in?
  • Are you able to log into your MyVirginMedia account without issue?

Do let us know so we can best assist you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie,

I am having the same issues for a while now, started about 5/6 months ago, never had any issues before.

I have tried to log in through My PC (Win 10), iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad all coming up with the exact same login issue. It says, "oops, that hasn't worked!" or "Sorry - this isn't available: Oops - the service isn't available at the moment. Try again in a few minutes".

I have tried reinstalling the app, rebooting my devices & changed password with no success. I can log in to my virgin media account and access bills, also no issues with TV Control app or sky sports app with virgin media login details the only issue is the Virgin TV Go.

This must mean the fault has to be on your end as this same issue is affecting way too many people on way too many different devices and operating systems to be a user device issue.

It looks like the issues is with the login from your end, it has not been synchronised across the three databases, mainly the TV GO database.

App version (iPad): 2.3.54 (21900)

App version (iPhone XS Max): 2.3.58 (22401)

Kind Regards,

Ronzy

Hi Ronzy, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your GO TV app looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

We are aware of an issue with the app which is affecting a large amount of customers, we have reported it to the relevant IT team and they are currently working on a fix. 

I am sorry we cannot offer a quick fix for this, I am confident our IT team will get to the bottom of this soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi,

I am also a new customer and can't sign in to the Tv go app.

Tried this on a Samsung, Iphone and also my Macbook air. 

I have deleted the app and tried again and still does not work.

Can log into my normal virgin account fine. 

Please can someone help?

Hi,

I haven't been able to sign in to the TV go app, i can sign in to my virgin media online, and the other apps work fine. Cannot sign in on my Samsung S8, nor my wifes mobile. 

Do not have a laptop or computer so cannot log in that way.

The app has worked very well in the past, but for the last few months I've had nothing but trouble.

Any chance a solution can be found? 

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi stephen1608,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with our TV Go app and have struggled to get this resolved. We'd be more than happy to get this sorted for you.

First of all, could you please let me know what happens when you try to sign in? Is there an error message at all?

I appreciate that you're able to access our other linked services, but have you tried changing your password to see if this helps?

Thanks,

Rachael