cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sign into TV Go app

chaynes85
Tuning in

Hi, I am a new Virgin Media user.

I cannot sign into my TV Go app. I get error ‘oops that hasn’t worked, please sign in with your main user account. Sub accounts can’t sign in using this service’

I'm signing in with my primary account which works with the other Virgin Media apps.

I can also use the account details to log into the Sky Sports site to stream those channels?

Any idea why it won't work with TV Go? I've reset the password using the link given when the login fails but the new details won't allow me access either.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

35 REPLIES 35

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your post Chaynes85 and welcome to our community.

Could we please confirm if you can log into your My Virgin Media account online? If so you should be able to use the same information on the TV Go app. 

If you can log into your My Virgin Media account but are still having trouble with your TV Go app, could you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application and let us know if this works?

Thank you, Emily.

Hi Emily,

I can confirm I can log onto My Virgin Media online. I’ve just re-installed the My TV Go app but get the same error.

Chris

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update, would you be able to try this on a different device and see if you can connect?

If it's only on this device, can we please confirm what device is it this is having trouble with? 

Thank you, Emily.

Hi,

I’ve tried again on my wife’s device and I get the same error.

I use an iPhone X and my wife uses an iPhone XR

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chaynes85, 

I am sorry you're having this persisting issue with your login details, I'd like to see if I can help. 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can chat further, just look for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards,

Megan_L

Hi,

This still hasn’t been resolved following our PM’s and the IT team haven’t contacted me....

Can you advise?

Thanks

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chaynes85,

Thank you for getting back in touch, I do apologise that this hasn't yet been resolved following the IT ticket my colleague raised.

I can see that this case is assigned to the correct team, so I've gone ahead and escalated this for you this evening. I'll be sure to keep you updated with any information provided.

Thanks,

Rachael

Thanks Rachael

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all 🙂 I'll give you a shout with any information I receive, but don't hesitate to drop us another comment if you've not heard anything in a while.

Thanks,

Rachael