cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in to Virgin TV Go on laptop

potts20
Tuning in

I'm using my windows 10 laptop and can sign in to my main Virgin Media account, no problem, but when I try to sign in on the TV Go browser page nothing happens when I try to click 'sign in'.

Tried using different browsers, Chrome, Edge, IE same result. Rebooted laptop, still the same.

Any advice appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @potts20,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this.

Can you please tell me if TV Go works on other devices in the house?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Hayley,

it does work fine on both my iPhone and iPad 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @potts20 

Try the following link in incognito window - note it's http and not https

http://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

If you haven't already done so then this method should offer to install the web app (as there is no longer a windows 10 app)

Hopefully that will work, if it does I suggest you create a shortcut to it in the task bar. It may automatically create a shortcut in the Start menu, if it does then right click on that shortcut and select Pin to taskbar - it makes it  a lot easier to find and run (when it's working)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the advice Dave. Unfortunately this still didn’t work. I get the virgintvgo web page but when I try to sign in nothing happens when I click on ‘sign in’. 

Chris

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris,

This is a shot in the dark, but are you able to enter your sign in details at all?

My thinking is that you may have a pop up blocker preventing the TVGo page opening, or it may be hidden behind your current browser window.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @potts20

I am very sorry to hear this. Is this issue ongoing today? If so, does the advice from @newapollo help at all?

If that doesn't resolve matters, can you try clearing your cache and cookies on the affected device to see if that helps?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I've tried all of the previous advice and it still doesn't work.

To confirm, I can sign in on My Virgin Media on the same laptop and browser.

I get the Virgin TV Go homepage no problem but when I try to sign in, the sign in pop-up window opens, I enter my username and password, but when I click on 'sign in' nothing happens. No error message, nothing.  It's as if it hasn't seen the request to sign in.

Chris

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issues with accessing your TVGo account on your laptop.

Have you checked if your laptop's software is up to date and if it has been recently rebooted?

Have you accessed the sign in page individually through here to see if this can help you access the account: https://id.virginmedia.com/sign-in/?protocol=oidc.

Let us know how you get on and if this helps at all.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I've tried everything that has been suggested on this forum but nothing has resolved the issue. Screenshot of issue. Same log-in details as my Virgin Media account but nothing happens when I click Sign In.  No error message.....nothing.

Nothing happens when Sign In is clicked. Same log in details as main VirginMedia home page where log in is fine.

Chris