cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to TV Control app since moving house

Tenenbaum_73
Joining in

We moved house over a month ago and successfully reconnected all our Virgin Media services - broadband, phone, and TV (with a V6 box) ... but neither my partner or myself have been able to log in to the TV Control app on our iPhones since moving to our new address.

We thought the problem might be linked to getting a new account number for our new address, so we set up new Virgin accounts, but are still unable to log in to the TV Control app.  (We also tried deleting and reinstalling the apps on our phones without success.)  With these new account details, we are able to log in to VirginMedia on the web, and the TV Anywhere App on our phones... but all attempts at logging in to TV Control just receive the following error message: 

"You have signed in successfully, but no valid TV account can be found.  This may be because your account has not been set yet, or your account may have been suspended."

All the phone calls I've made to Virgin Media have been fruitless, and the issue has apparently been raised with IT, but nothing has happened and we are no further forward.  

Any advice or help would be gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tenenbaum_73,

Do you have a 360 box by any chance?

If so the TV Control app doesn't work with the 360.  You would need to use the Virgin TV Go app instead.

If this is the case then let us know in this thread, and if not still update the thread as a member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

They can check if an IT ticket has been raised. If so they will be able to check on the progress, and if not raise one.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there

No, we don't have the 360 box - we just have a V6.

Thanks.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tenenbaum_73

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing when trying to log into the TV Control app since you moved house.

Just to clarify - are all your other TV services working okay?

I know this may sound really obvious, but please can you try restarting your V6 box To do this, press and hold the Standby button until the lights on the front of the box flash. When it has restarted, reconnect it to your Virgin TV Control app again. You can also check that Network Remote Control is enabled on the Virgin TV box.

I would like to check if an IT ticket has been raised for you, I will send you a private message now to obtain the details required to check this. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Kind regards,

Serena