cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t enable location services

Silbers7519
Joining in

Good evening. I have downloaded the virgin tv go app and am unable to watch on 3G and 4g as I get a message enable location services.

Under location services I am unable to find the app for Virgin Tv on go. I have tried uninstalling the app 

13 REPLIES 13

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Silbers7519 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with the TV GO app. Can we just check which make and model device you are using to access the TV GO app? You should be able to use it via your mobile connection. Your mobile device will need to have software of  Android 5.1 or later, or iOS 11 or later. 

Can we also check you are trying to use the service in the UK?

You can see more information about using the app via the help page on our website here 👉 How to use Virgin TV Go app | Virgin Media Help

Let us know, and we will do our best to offer further support! Thank you!
All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi

I am using an IPhone  14 with IOS 16.3.1. in the UK. Another family member has an iPhone 11 and the app appears under location services whereas mine does not and therefore cannot enable it 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you first try to use the Virgin TV Go app, you should receive a message from the iPhone asking if you want to give the app access to your local network. If you decline this message, the app does not get put in the Local Network section of Location Services settings on your iPhone.

That would perhaps explain why you can’t find it there.

If you believe that you did accept, not decline, then this is what your iPhone settings should look like. Note: the attached below is the iPad equivalent but iPhone should look exactly the same.

81645577-BDC6-444B-B706-28F1B38BA640.jpeg21F2097B-5485-46BC-A9A1-F6474A27D89E.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for this.

Is there anyway to undo this. New phone and don’t recall accepting it 

My phone has the same settings as in the picture.

however I am trying to access it through 3 and 4 G and when I go to location services and click the the tv app dosent appear on the list 

Hi @Silbers7519 

Thanks for your response

Just to clarify, are you able to access the app if connected via WiFi? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I am able to access through Wi Fi.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response Silbers7519,

To clarify when you scroll down on settings towards TVGo, what options are you receiving instead of location services?

Let us know,

Kain

There is a long list of apps and to the right it say never, always or while using.

Virgin TV go app does not appear on the list.