cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access virgin Go app

Thecontrast
Joining in

Hi, please, can you help? I’ve tried to follow all advice but I cannot access Virgin Go since I moved home and Virgin created a new account, I am using the main email and password and I get the error “not allowed. oops…this service isn’t available, “ etc,,,no matter what I do it doesn’t let me use the service…any idea? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Thecontrast, thank for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you've had some issues accessing TV Go since your house-move. Are you able to log in to your VM online account using the same credentials? (virg.in/myVM

Usually when you move home and take your services with you the online account details would transfer over to the new account, however that's not always the case so we'll need to check you can access your online account first of all. If it hasn't been transferred over we can look into that for you, or you can register with a new login username etc if you prefer.

If it has transferred over and you can login to your online account without issue then we may need to raise an IT ticket, so please keep us posted.

Tom 

Tom 

Hello Tom,

Thank you guys replying. In summary, I can login to my online account. This works fine.

I tried to make another email account too but that didn't allow me to login into virgin go.

The issue had been ongoing for months and it has stumped me. My last login ie my old account worked fine but that has a virginmedia com address. My new Gmail email address has the issue I described initially.

Any thoughts on solving this?

Best David

Hi Tom,

To clarify, my old login that was using a virgin media. Com address worked. However, that login is no longer valid and does not work.

My new virgin account uses a different email address as a login and that works. However, this does not work for virgin go.. It is the one that returns an error code each time.

Hope that makes sense...

My wife and I are both getting the same error - shows 'Not Allowed' with the TV Go App on our phones - no changes to our account(s).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Thanks for coming back to us @Thecontrast.

I can look into this further for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, so that I can investigate this properly.

Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L