cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone recommend a projector for watching Virgin Media?

maria90
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right section to ask this but...

We bought a Nebula Capsule projector for my brother for Christmas thinking that he would be able to watch recordings through Virgin Media through it. Having messaged back and forth with Nebula about it and buying a cable to connect a HDMI cable to the device (as they suggested) it turns out its not possible. Can anyone recommend a projector that definitely does work with Virgin Media? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @maria90 

I've just had a quick read through Amazon customer reviews and also looked on the seenbula website.

It looks like ii should work via usb if you set the VM set top box to 1080p

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @maria90 

I've just had a quick read through Amazon customer reviews and also looked on the seenbula website.

It looks like ii should work via usb if you set the VM set top box to 1080p

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Great, thanks for your help - I'll try that this eve 🙂

I tried changing it to 1080p but it still says the same as before when I click on the virgin go app, that you can't stream using HDMI. It plays the audio but shows a black screen with the error message. It blocks showing any of the recordings or Sky Sports. So frustrating! Thanks again for the suggestion though.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@maria90 wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right section to ask this but...

We bought a Nebula Capsule projector for my brother for Christmas thinking that he would be able to watch recordings through Virgin Media through it. Having messaged back and forth with Nebula about it and buying a cable to connect a HDMI cable to the device (as they suggested) it turns out its not possible. Can anyone recommend a projector that definitely does work with Virgin Media? Thanks

Hi again @maria90 

Sorry that didn't work, to be honest I got the wrong end of the stick - I thought you meant connecting the projector to the VM set top box.

Note to self : Must read more carefully next time. I should have realised as it's in the TV on the go forum.

A few other things that might work with the current projector.

Run the TVGo via a browser on a laptop and connect the laptop to the projector via HDMI cable

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

Has your brother tried to mirror a recording, or  live TV from the app on his phone/tablet using Bluetooth?

He might also be able to download the app via aptoide which i believe is available on the projector?

He could also try  to sideload the app using a usb stick.

Download the apk file to a FAT 32 USB drive >  Plug the USB drive into the Capsule with the little OTG adapter that comes with the Capsule
>  Find the file via File Manager on the homepage of the Capsule > Click the file to start installing

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @maria90, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having difficulties with finding an appropriate projector.

With these being third party devices, we can't provide you with an answer to an exact one that will work with our services unfortunately - you've done the right thing by contacting Nebula directly even though they've not given you the answer you wanted!

@newapollo has provided some great tips in potentially getting this working for you though, so I'd thoroughly recommend giving these tips a try.

Please keep us updated and fingers crossed you're able to get the answers you need.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for your reply, I passed your suggestions on to my brother but still no luck. It just seems like it's impossible with the Nebula projector. Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions though 🙂   Now I just need to find one that does work with Virgin!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Happy to help @maria90 Sorry to hear you are unable to watch Virgin Media on the Nebula projector, I have taken another look and unfortunately I am unable to find a projector that can do this 😞

Please let us know if you do manage to find one!

Best wishes,

Serena

Thanks Serena 🙂

Ok so it seems like the only way to watch Virgin through probably any projector is to connect the projector directly to the Virgin box. Tried that last night and it worked perfectly. My brother doesn't have a box in his bedroom, too difficult in terms of cabling etc, but I've just been looking into it and found a few people on this forum who use the 360 mini without the coax cable purely to watch recordings so I think that is the way to go!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.