cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I watch recorded items on my home network through Virgins To Go on PC

Pilkie
On our wavelength

Hi
I am trying to watch my recorded programmes whilst upstairs in bed.
I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 on Windows 11 and am using my own wifi network, I could understand if I was away from home on someone else's network, I can remember when I had Sky, using their version of a similar TV to go app I could access both live TV or my recorded items from my Sky box. All I want to do is the same thing, but with Virgin Media.
Surely this can be done, I just don't know how.
Please help in simple terms.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pilkie,

It looks like @BenMcr has answered your query here regarding watching recordings. If you need any further assistance with Virgin TV Go, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Recordings are only available through the Android and iOS apps. For 360 that's TV Go, for V6 and TiVo that's TV Control.

It's not available on Windows or macOS through the browser.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pilkie,

It looks like @BenMcr has answered your query here regarding watching recordings. If you need any further assistance with Virgin TV Go, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Good morning, I have an Android Toshiba TV, and wish to access my Tivo recordings through WiFi, where can I find the App that you mention please? JW

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @webby418 

Tha app is only meant to be used on portable devices ie mobile phones and tablets, and not TV's.

It therefore shouldn't be available via the google play store as that will check which device you are using and recognise it's a TV and not a portable device.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Dave, for that info. I will try to connect my phone (Samsung S20fe) with  the Tivo box . Where can I get the App from please?  JW

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @webby418 

It's available from the Google Playstore.

There are links for the TVGO app and the TVControl app on the following page.

/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app

If you have a TiVo or V6 box, use your Virgin TV Control app as an extra TV remote, to browse the TV guide and personalise it to show only your favourite channels. Not only that, but if you are planning your daily exercise break or weekly food shop, you can control your TiVo or V6 box from anywhere. As long as you’re connected to the internet, you can set and manage your recordings. What’s more, if you have a V6 box, you can stream your V6 recordings to mobiles or tablets around the home.  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @webby418

Thanks for your post

Please do keep us updated once you're all connected after trying the above advice from newapollo please 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Pilkie
On our wavelength

I have been reading all the answers to my query and now understand, I can only do what I want to do through either an Android or Apple device. I'd like to thank everybody for taking the time to answer me.

When you consider all the Windows devices out there, it seems odd that they don't include an app to allow Virgin Media TV to be streamed to them all, assuming you have a Virgin Media account and subscribe to the channels.

Thanks once again.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pilkie,

Thanks for coming back and checking in with us again.

We'll pass your feedback on as we're always looking to improve our services for our customers.

If you need help with anything else, let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs