cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I watch my V6 recordings on a laptop?

BinghamBloke
Super solver

I have 2 x V6 boxes. As we have had a fairly shoddy couple of years not actually been a way from home much. Planning to go away for a week and just thought I would try and see what I can use TV Go for.

On the website for TV GO on my laptop I click on Saved and Recordings and click on Manage my Box and it just constantly times out.

Done a bit of searching and found you can use the TV control app to access your recordings which is fine on my phone but wanted it bigger i.e. on my laptop but I can't find a way of doing TV control on windows.

Is this possible and how please? I'm usually clued up on a lot of Virgin things but this is 1 area I have dropped off big time since covid. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

FishnetChicken
Joining in

Sorry I can't help, but I just want to add to your query as I've found a similar problem..

It seems like the website will allow you to view/manage your recordings but not actually watch them. I haven't been able to find a way to achieve this on a laptop at all - I understand there used to be a Windows app but this has been pulled. It seems there may be a way of watching Sky Sports recordings via the Sky app, but again I can't find a Sky app available for Windows. Great.

Also, some recordings aren't available to watch on phone/tablets as they only allow you to watch them on your TV - this appears to be a licencing issue rather than a technical one. Just as frustrating though when you want to watch a recording on a phone/tablet.

I've recently moved to VM from Sky and must say it seems like a real step backwards compared to what I became used to...

Surely there must be a way to watch recordings on your Windows devices?!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I know, the TV Control functions for a TiVo/V6 are only available using a mobile device via the TV Control app.

As you've found, TV Go is for live streaming of boxsets/broadcast channels over a mobile data/WiFi connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks