cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my TV go app on my phone to watch live TV then using a usb-c to hdmi cable to send to a TV?

JimWilkinson
Joining in

Can I use my TV go app on my phone to transmit live TV using a usb-c to hdmi cable to a TV in my kitchen. I tried sending the live TV to my Google Home max, but it wouldn't allow it. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unlikely to work. TV Go may work from a laptop to a TV, but any other type of “casting” is usually blocked. VM want you to rent additional boxes for multiroom, so they are not going to make it easy for you to use a workaround.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unlikely to work. TV Go may work from a laptop to a TV, but any other type of “casting” is usually blocked. VM want you to rent additional boxes for multiroom, so they are not going to make it easy for you to use a workaround.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks