cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry sky sport app

Heaven1999
Tuning in

I use virgin media go and watch football through that, bt sports is fine but sky sports you need to use the sky sport app but the picture is blurry which makes the matches unwatchable. I’ve tried different thing it’s not the internet connection but I don’t know what else to do it only seems to be the sky sports channels as far as I can tell

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Heaven1999,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble watching content via the Sky Sports app recently. Can you expand on the things you've tried thus far to amend this that you've mentioned?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I’ve tried using WiFi, having it connected in through the an Ethernet cable, and the WiFi isn’t the problem. The sky sports app is the only one that seems to be blurry, other programs are fine 

Hi Heaven1999

Thanks for coming back to us.

There's no known issues with it, however can you advise me - what device you're using, software version of it. Is it their desktop app if it's a laptop? Does this issue occur if using a different device etc?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The app is on my laptop which using windows 10, it only happens using the app on there. Can you recommend anything to do? 

Hi @Heaven1999,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you try installing the app on a different device to see if you also get the same issue here?

Keep us posted.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’ve downloaded the app on my phone as well and it does go blurry on there but not as much as on the laptop

Thanks for your reply, Heaven1999,

Unfortunately we are unable to replicate the issue. Just to clarify, do you mean how the picture might be blurry when you furst start the stream, but then after a few minutes it should be clear?

Cheers,

Corey C

No the picture continues to go blurry through put the match, it can be clear for a few minutes then goes blurry again 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds like the resolution is changing to handle a varying connection speed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks