cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Disappeared From Virgin TV Go

MG5
Tuning in

All of BT Sport channels have disappeared from my TV Go app for a week+ now, I am currently in between flats and relying solely on the app to watch TV, all other channels including Sky Sports HD work fine, only BT Sport have disappeared! 

I have tried from the phone app, from Chrome on my desktop, and all the same.

Can you help me fix this please?

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports is viewed through the Sky Sports app not the VM TV Go one, but all the same.

Go to settings in the top-left of TV Go, choose my channels... are the BT Sport ones available to select in there?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

Sky Sports is viewed through the Sky Sports app not the VM TV Go one, but all the same. 

Yes, I know that but they are shown in the app still and redirect me, anyway not the point as you mentioned.

@japitts wrote:

Go to settings in the top-left of TV Go, choose my channels... are the BT Sport ones available to select in there?

No they don't, I saw that other post talking about resetting that and tried it already, they don't show anywhere for some reason. 

Hi @MG5,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing BT Sports via TV GO.

Can I ask if you get any specific error message at all? What do you see? A screenshot will be handy if you are able to send that across.

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No specific errors as it is literally not listed anywhere, also the app on android is retricting screenshots (but there isn't much to screenshot). 

Though if I try and get a link by Googling that takes me straight to the app, I get an error titled "Sorry - this isn't available" and a message of "Sorry - this programme is blocked on thia device due to copyright restrictions".

I can find it in search, but when I click any of the channels it gives me an error "Sorry - there's no data available. Please try again later."

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MG5,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues viewing content on the TVGo App. I understand that this can be frustrating.

I'll be more than happy to look into this issue further for you via Private Message to look into your account to see what may be causing this issue. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just a quick question for you, do you by any chance, happen to have a VPN or something else installed on your phone and desktop, or do you have anything which might mask or change your IP address? I only ask because I've previously experienced being in the UK and not being able to watch certain things on the app, only to find I've got my VPN switched on, that I use for watching Dutch TV.
APN1

So turns out because I was moving flats, the whole thing just went haywire, now that my new at is activated everything seems to be working fine. I still find how this manifested super weird as everything else but BT Sports was working fine...

Hi @MG5

Thanks for joining my colleague on PM. 

Just to update the thread all is sorted 🙂 

Please pop back if you ever need anything, just pop us a public post and we'll be more than happy to help.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill