Menu
Ian17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BBC Parliament

I have been unable to get the BBC Parliament channel on my phone. "This channel is currently not available."  Everything else works ok.  Has anyone got a fix for this ?   I called 150 and they told me the problem is with the broadcaster.  I have a paid up BBC licence.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Parliament

Welcome to the forums.

You should be able to view BBC Parliament via the BBC iPlayer app.

The Virgin TV Go app should direct you switch to the iPlayer app for all BBC channels.

Ian17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham.  Thanks for the quick reply.  The issue is about being able to watch proceedings live on my iPhone.  I can dial up the bbc iPlayer app directly and watch parliament highlight reels from prior days.  But when I use Virgin TV GO and select Live TV, the BBC Parliament channel exits me to the iPlayer and then tells me the channel is not currently available.  So it seems the only way to watch that channel live is via my television.  There is a fault here somewhere but as Virgin says the issue is with the broadcaster, I do not expect quick resolution.   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The BBC require that all live streaming of their channels is via the iPlayer app.

BBC Parliament is available to stream live through the mobile iPlayer app. This is the iOS app

7928FB62-E558-45AB-8A6A-FC0F40F39D7A.jpeg

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I concur with Ben on this.  I did check that the live stream was working on the BBC iPlayer app on my android phone before posting my reply.

Highlighted
Ian17
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply.  You’re right, when I access any BBC channel from TV GO live tv, I am routed to the iPlayer.  And it works for all BBC channels except for Parliament, which also routes me to the iPlayer but I am then always told that the channel is not currently available.  

Any advice re whom I should take this up with would be appreciated.   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just checked this myself.

When you get the message, simply press the Menu button, top left, and then choose the Parliament Channel and you will get to the live feed.

Ian17
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bingo !  Many thanks, Ernie.  It works.  No idea why I get this ridiculously misleading message but I’ll live with it now.  Thanks also to Graham and Ben for getting me on the right track.  Cheers guys. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There will just be a link error somewhere in how TV Go tells the iPlayer app that you want to watch a certain BBC channel.

I'll flag this to the forum team so they can feed it back.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own