cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps on the Amazon app store

StephenAllan
On our wavelength

When will Virgins apps including the TV Go app be available on the Amazon app store as I have just ordered a brand new Kindle Fire HD and want to be able to use the TV go app on my tablet but I know it is not there at the moment?  Why is it taking so long to get the app on to Amazons app store?

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi StephenAllan,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear the device you're wanting to use isn't compatible with TVGO.

I'm afraid we would not be able to advise if/ when this device would be, you can view all current compatible devices here

Alex_Rm

It says that Virgin TV Go is not available on Amazon Fire devices but it should be by now as Skys Sky go app is available on Fire Devices so why are Virgin not making theirs available for Fire Devices.  This makes no sense if Skys equivalent is available.  It just seems rather silly.

Hi there @StephenAllan

Thank you so much for your post and I'm so sorry to hear you are disappointed we are not yet available via the Amazon Fire device. 

We do not have any plans at this moment in time to bring TV go to this platform but thank you very much for your feedback and I will pass this on to the relevant teams to be considered.

Thank you. 

I just wanted to support StephenAllen with his comments. In this day and age of multiple devices it seems strange that Virgin don't offer nor have any plans to offer their app on Amazon when both Sky and BT do.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Trickytrees 

Although VM don't support officialy support Amazon fire devices/kindles you could always sideload the app onto your kindle.

You can also install Google Play onto your kindle and download the app via Google Play. - just google how to do it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali