cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App downloads won't play back

dkitch
On our wavelength

I used to have an ipad mini and downloading recorded programmes from my v6 box to watch away from home was never a problem. I could que them up and set them away. Last year I upgraded to a Samsung galaxy Tab A and I now have issues downloading using the app. I can't que downloads anymore they just refuse to download if I do so I have to select one at a time, more often than not they fail to download. On the odd occasion I get a full programme downloaded it is unwatchable it constantly stop starts during playback and jumps forward. Basically the app is useless since I updated it and purchased a newer tablet. 

15 REPLIES 15

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

What happens if you uninstall and reinstall the Virgin TV Go app?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it makes no difference whatsoever. 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello dkitch

Sorry this is happening to you on the Tablet 

Have you managed to resolve this yet or is it still ongoing

If so let me know and I cam take a look at it from here 

Gareth_L

dkitch
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth,

Problem isn't resolved I tried uninstall and reinstall but any downloads just jump and stop and are unwatchable, that is if I can actually get them downloaded. 

Sorry to hear that dkitch

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for those details Gareth_L

I am going to look into this now for you 

Gareth_L

dkitch
On our wavelength

Can you update me please?

Still having the same issues! 

Hello dkitch 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you 

Can I please take the following details 

Make of tablet 

The operating system 

Screen shot of the error message 

This will help once I have raised the with the Team in charge 

Gareth_L

dkitch
On our wavelength

Nearly 2 months since I posted and still not resolved! The app is a joke, still having the same issues and no response or solution from Virgin media.

Time to start looking at my options regarding TV etc.  One of the reasons I've stuck with Virgin was the ability to stream, download etc to watch when I'm away from home but as this doesn't work then I may have to go elsewhere.