cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Another app is currently playing on your Virgin TV box” message

EducatedPork
On our wavelength

Hello!

My V6 had the software update to 360 earlier in the week, and as such I’ve moved from the older TiVo/V6 app on my iPhone/iPad to Virgin TV Go. The app (on both devices) can connect to my box, but it displays a message at the bottom of the display saying “Another app is currently playing on your Virgin TV box”.

The box itself is just playing live TV, and has not had any other apps run on it (Netflix/iPlayer etc). I did wonder if it were complaining about both iPad and iPhone installs of the app being connected at the same time (albeit only with one being in use), but even if I forcibly close any other instances of the Virgin TV Go app (so, for example, it’s only running on my iPhone), I still get this message. 

I’ve tried disconnecting/reconnecting to my box from within the iOS app too - but with no change. Shortly after it connects (successfully) it then displays the message again.

I’ve also tried rebooting the box (power off/on), but with no change in behaviour.. the message still displays after connecting the app to it. The box is running the 4.29 version of the 360 software, 

Any ideas as to what’s going on, and how to resolve it, would be really appreciated. 

Cheers,
Dean

10 REPLIES 10

Roomster
On our wavelength

Hi again, just to say it's running well on my Android tablet.

Cheers

Dave