cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of BT Sport channels have disappeared from my TV Go app since contract change

JS2871
Tuning in

Recently changed the package signed up to but now although we can still watch BT Sport channels on TV they no longer appear in the TV Go app either on phone or on PC using the Live channels.
Channels do not appear under settings > my channels

11 REPLIES 11

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @JS2871,

Firstly welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with our TV Go app, when this error occurs, does it occur on both the app and browser across all devices?

It would also help if you could provide us a screenshot of what it shows so we can investigate this further.

Thanks. Joe

here is a screenshot from my Mac, I get the same on phone and tablet BT sport channels are not shown in VirginTVGo app.
This had been working fine until recently. BT sport channels DO work on TV

JS2871_3-1680626969929.png

all other channels appear fine

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JS2871 

Have you set up any profiles on your TVGO app or 360 box?

If so it may be that you need to change the profile on the app by clicking on either Settings > My Channels,  or on Settings > Accounts and profiles

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @JS2871,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. I'm very sorry to hear that this issue is still present for you today.

Have you given the advice offered by @newapollo a try yet? If so, has it helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your suggestion.//
I just tried to look in Settings/Accounts and Profiles and got the above - "Profiles are currently not supported on your Virgin TV box."JS2871_0-1680772303673.png

I just tried to look in Settings/Accounts and Profiles and got the message - "Profiles are currently not supported on your Virgin TV box."

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JS2871 

Ok,sorry about that. Thanks for trying.

It looks like you either have one of the older Tivo boxes, or a V6 box. The suggestion I made was for 360 boxes which support profiles, and is often the answer for when channels are missing.

You said, "although we can still watch BT Sport channels on TV they no longer appear in the TV Go app either on phone or on PC using the Live channels.
Channels do not appear under settings > my channels"

Does that mean all channels, or just the BT Sport channels?

Have you tried signing out of the TVGO app and back in again?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @newapollo. Thanks for you interest and help btw..

If I go into My Channels in  TVGO all other channels appear as normal - just the BT Sport channels no longer appear - but we can watch them on TV.

I have signed out (of the website and app) and back in but this doesn't change anything. Just done it again now as well but still the same. Main box is a v6 box I think.

I'm at work at the moment but I'll maybe reboot the box later on and see if that does anything..
One thing that may be of note we did get a new router sent to us recently too. The wifi is working fine but I don't know whether I need to do anything on the boxes themselves. The TV's still show all the same channels as before and I haven't had to go into any menus to do anything so I've assumed not.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JS2871,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue and thank you to @newapollo for assisting with this problem so far.

Please reboot the TV box to see if this can help. 

Make sure that your TVGo App is up to date on your devices as well as try deleting the app and re-downloading it to see if this can help with your query. 

It is very strange that you're unable to see these channels when you're able to view them through the TV box. Keep us updated on this when you can.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs