cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web safe not turning on

cassis
Joining in

Trying to turn Web safe on since I've joined last month but without luck. i get the text "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again ".

I have also called the faults team but they couldnt fix it. I as promissed that they will escacalate the matter but not heard anything back.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What AS Name is reported when you visit https://1.1.1.1/help. The following example shows an AS Name of Virgin Media:

_0-1662230832038.jpeg
If the AS Name is not Virgin Media then look at whether the DNS settings is manually set on the device or, if using the Hub in modem mode, on the router.

To confirm Web Safe is working try going to https://protonvpn.com; by default access to VPN sites should be blocked.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I can confirm that Virgin Media is showing in the AS Name and protonvpn is not blocked. Web safe is definetely not working.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond, though usually it is the former.

Hi @cassis,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues when attempting to activate WebSafe. Have you attempted this from more than one device? What did the team advise exactly when you last discussed this with them?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, yes I have tried from a desktop conected by cable and phone conected on wifi and also the mobile data conection. Nothing works.

The operator have tried to do it over the phone but she faild and said that she will escalate it. I haven't heard back since. I think I should give them another call?

Hi there @cassis, thanks for your reply.

If you have not heard back from the team regarding this, I will be happy to take a look at this for you.

I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules