Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website blocked by websafe

Thanks for trying Tim, we haven't heard back from them yet but fingers crossed Dave......

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
davegfuller
Tuning in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be working my end at last! Got a friend to check it too and seemed to work for them too! Thanks for your help Tim and Nicola. Glad we seem to have finally got this sorted!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dave

Thanks for the update, I am pleased. Subsequently we did get a reply saying it had been removed and it was not because it was on the Suomispam list, no more than that I am afraid. Fingers crossed it stays off!

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
nmbradley
Joining in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I too am experiencing problems with Websafe. Yesterday, (Sunday) an engineer called to install an upgrade to my router and set top box. Since then, I cannot get my printer to work, the internet is running slowly (although seems to have speeded up now) and Websafe, although turned off, is blocking sites.

Is this a known issue with Virgin and why did Websafe suddenly appear yesterday when I have not asked for it?

How do I get it turned off. Virgins's customer service team are convinced it is turned off (although I get "Blocked by Websafe" messages)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello nmbradley

Since this post I notice that you have subsequently called in and fingers crossed things are working better. If not would you please be kind enough to create your own thread and bring us up to date as the Websafe issue you mention is not related to the original poster problem. 

Thanks so much

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
nmbradley
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, things are working now but, sorry to say, absolutely not because of VM's customer service and technical help teams. It turned out that although it was telling me that Websafe was not turned off, it was still blocking me. VM's helpdesk told me that this was impossible but the VM engineer who had arrived to install a new modem, saw for himself that I was still getting blocked. However, when the new modem was installed it unblocked WebSafe - no idea why or how. So VM, when a customer tells you that it is blocked, don't be so quick to tell him that it is impossible. It is not - your engineer saw for himself.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Nicola_C

To be frank I do think someone needs to get 1st line support clued up.

Rather than telling @nmbradley that it's "impossible" that Web Safe was filtering his internet if it was switched off, rather they should have been escalating this in order to find out why it was happening.

Unless that is they get a bonus for not escalating an issue Smiley Very Happy - (Only joking here).

I could hazard a guess as to why changing the hub fixed the issue.  But as I don't work for Virgin Media, it would only be an educated guess based on limited knowledge.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello nmbradley

Thank you for the update, pleased that it is now working. I am sorry that this issue may not have been dealt with appropriately when you called in, experience tends to teach one to follow the evidence and use the impossible word with a great deal of caution, if ever, I will pass your feedback to all concerned so we may try to improve things for the future, please accept our apologies.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos