cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe settings no longer having effect

leeatkinson
Tuning in

I have WebSafe ChildSafe enabled, and use it to block websites (including roblox.com). I noticed a few days ago that it stopped blocking any of the sites it is supposed to (including the specific site above, and gambling sites. It is still shown as enabled on the WebSafe website, and Virgin Support was of little use.

How do I report this problem?

40 REPLIES 40

leeatkinson
Tuning in
I should also add that I've checked that devices are using the router as their DNS server, and in turn the router is using Virgin's DNS servers

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

issue has been flagged to the forum team however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond. In the meantime:

• Have you tried turning Child Safe off and on?
  • By default access to VPN sites is blocked. Are you able to visit https://protonvpn.com?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I have tried disabling and re-enabling it, with no change. I can also access the above site as well. Thanks

Hi there @leeatkinson

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I have checked and all does appear to be as it should be on our side, are you able to try resetting the child safe options again for us as suggested by @用心棒? 

Thanks again.

I've tried again,disabled and re-enabled, removed and re-added the site from 'blocked sites' and still has no effect.

I can also query public DNS servers (e.g. Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 and Google's 8.8.8.8) with ChildSafe 'enabled' and, from memory, they should be blocked when ChildSafe is enabled (to prevent circumvention).

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@leeatkinson wrote:

I can also query public DNS servers (e.g. Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 and Google's 8.8.8.8) with ChildSafe 'enabled' and, from memory, they should be blocked when ChildSafe is enabled (to prevent circumvention).

That has never been the case.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From a device on which Web Safe is not working browse to https://1.1.1.1/help, what AS Name value is reported? For example:
_0-1662230832038.jpeg

Yes, that's correct.