cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe not doing what was it should

paulo56
On our wavelength

Hello my websafe showes it's working but not really.

I got child safe on but dosent block anything.

Can any one help me?

Screenshot_2022-12-26-00-50-41-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulo56 wrote:
  • I'm using OnePlus 9 pro android phone using Google chrome.

Unfortunately I am not that familiar with OnePlus's OxygenOS but  as an Android variant suggest you go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > Private DNS and turn it Off; when On it use an alternative DNS meaning Web Safe will not work on the device.

• the problem I'm experiencing is when activate child safe It doesn't block 18+ websites like before

nslookup resutls when connected to the same network as your OnePlus device show Web Safe is working and hopefully the instruction to turn Private DNS off will resole the issue.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For Web Safe to work the device must be using Virgin Media's DNS. To confirm if this is the case try the following from the device on which Web Safe is not working:

• open a web browser
  • go to protonvpn.com
    FYI: default settings is for Web Safe to block access to VPN sites. If site loaded without issue go to next step otherwise Web Safe is working as expected
  • go to https://1.1.1.1/help
  • is the AS Name reported as Virgin Media:
    _0-1662230832038.jpeg\
    Yes, then post back here to have issue flagged to the forum team as they are best placed to help further.
    No, then check the device's DNS settings in case its been manually set and / or, if connecting to third-party router (i.e. not Virgin Media Hub), the router's DNS settings.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

paulo56
On our wavelength

Screenshot_2022-12-26-21-04-40-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you connection to Virgin Media Hub’s Wi-Fi or to a third-party router’s Wi-Fi?

paulo56
On our wavelength

Virgin media hub 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As:

• no third-party Wi-Fi router is involved
  • Hub 4's DNS cannot be changed

check your device's DNS settings is not manually set. Use your favoured search engine to look up how to set DNS on your device or post back here with detail of your device for further help.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello paulo56

Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to Web Safe and the issues experienced.

We have help here with guides on what it does, how to set it up etc. If you need any further support please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Rob

paulo56
On our wavelength

Well I got a 3 party router but is only used for the Xbox upstairs 

paulo56
On our wavelength

Then hub 4 is for the rest of the devices

paulo56
On our wavelength

But never had a problem with websafe before, I use the 3 party router since I got virgin