cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe not blocking blacklisted websites

Concernedparent
Just joined

I have been trying to set up a friend with child safe settings to block some specific websites in their home

Yet each website I add continues to be accessible.  System says settings have been saved and the website appears in the block list but it is still accessible.

I have also repeated this in my own home with the same issue.

Is this something global, or is there a step I am missing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lriley06
Tuning in

Check that childsafe is enabled on your Virgin Media account. Then check that you are not using a VPN, and that you are using the Virgin Media DNS servers (they are 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

lriley06
Tuning in

Check that childsafe is enabled on your Virgin Media account. Then check that you are not using a VPN, and that you are using the Virgin Media DNS servers (they are 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100).

Thank you so much

It was a 'VPN' style issue with Apples new service they introduced for hiding your IP address

Hadn't entered my mind that part - works for me at mine, so will test it at friends house on their set up - fingers crossed it is that simple there.

Thanks for the update Concernedparent and we're glad you have been able to get to the bottom of this. Private Address can cause such issues so let us know if these continue.

Rob