cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe not blocking apps on iPhone and iPad eg Instagram

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

I have lots of sites blocked through websafe and this works if searching for that site through a browser but it no longer blocks sites if they are accessed via an app.

example Instagram, I cant access it though a browser search so that part is working but I can access it through the app.

this has just started happening and I don’t know why, the apps used to be blocked but now it doesn’t work. I think it’s since an Apple update but I’m not sure, my iPad and iPhone isn’t using a vpn.

Please help thanks.

91 REPLIES 91

I am using the new pages, the problem didn’t happen until the pages changed

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

I can’t even sign in at the moment to see if it has been fixed!

Same here, I tried, but as soon as I tap the "Online Security" tile I get an error page:

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

My Broadband Ping - My VM Connection

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

I can sign into my account now but if I click on Websafe settings I get another error message saying “we are doing some work on our site” so can’t tell if it’s working or not.

They really need to test things properly before changing things, this has been going on for weeks now

Still having problems. It allows me to add sites to block but when hitting save it returns an error the first time. Readd the domain and resaving reports success but the sites are not blocked and all "Categories" become unselleted.

Hi @badwireless,

Sorry to hear you are having ongoing issues regarding this matter. As it stands our team is still looking into these issues. They will aim to resolve this matter as soon as possible. 

However in the meantime, if you are still unable to make the changes, we can best help from here if you wish?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

homenet123
Tuning in

Dear VM,

I've signed in only to write that it STILL DOES NOT WORK after the interface change months ago!

Apology, but here we're talking about the safety of minors and VM's service which pretends to offer this functionality. Used to work, it does not now. Independent of anything, browser, OS, etc. Can't block simple YT. Can you please ask somebody competent and paid in VM to revert WebSafe back to when it used to work, around 2021. Currently, I get "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again." like hundred times in row when trying to block ordinary YT after clicking on "Save changes". Arbitrary self-deleting of the blocked/allowed URL lists, web appearance not reflecting the actual settings/state etc. is another level of this problem.

If this can't be solved, then, imo, WebSafe can be equally removed from the VM user options because it gives false sense of specific functionality.

Best wishes, User.

How can you help from there? I can’t even get to the Websafe page anymore and have had to use all of my Mobile data on sites that are blocked because I can’t unblock and then reblock them when I need to, is this ever going to be fixed?

don’t roll things out if that haven’t been tested properly!

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY EVEN CARE??!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Unicornlala, 

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry you feel this way. Can you confirm are you still having issues with WebSafe? Are you able to log in to your My Virgin Media?

Zoie