cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe not blocking apps on iPhone and iPad eg Instagram

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

I have lots of sites blocked through websafe and this works if searching for that site through a browser but it no longer blocks sites if they are accessed via an app.

example Instagram, I cant access it though a browser search so that part is working but I can access it through the app.

this has just started happening and I don’t know why, the apps used to be blocked but now it doesn’t work. I think it’s since an Apple update but I’m not sure, my iPad and iPhone isn’t using a vpn.

Please help thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
91 REPLIES 91

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: see About iCloud Private Relay and how to turn it off for specific network connections.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. I logged onto my websafe page on my laptop and my list of blocked websites has disappeared altogether for some reason. I have added them all back and looked at the iPhone relay and now have the setting working on my iPhone and iPad but they still won’t work on my laptop browser which is Firefox, any idea why?

thanks

So the websafe settings seems to be working on browsers on iPad and iPhone. They are not working on laptop browser or iPhone apps. Please help

Hi Unicornlala,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having with this. 

On your laptop browser can you go to the Web safe page of your online account and move your mouse so that it is over the 'Online Security' option. When the mouse is over that option, there should be a URL that shows in the bottom left hand corner of the page. Can you please confirm what the URL is?

Can you confirm if you have tried via different web browsers?

^Martin

I'm sorry but this does nothing.

For some reason the first page in websafe that shows categories keep on deselecting everything and the second page which is for websites keepon clearing itself so the list disappears. This was never a problem before the webpages were changed to the new ones.

I have to keep adding all of the sites back in to the list. It usually happens if I try to remove or add a page to the list, the page will then say sorry this can't be updated try again later. Then the whole list disappears. I then add them back in and it saves but then if I go into the page again all of the categories have  disappeared again.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Website issue can be reproduced with consistency resulting in following error message:
2022-03-22.jpeg
due to server returning a 500 Server Error.

Steps to reproduce:

• sign into Web Safe and confirm new UI is being used
    2022-03-22_a.jpeg
  • block website example.com and save change
  • block category Cheating (Homework) and save change
  • block website example.org and save change
  • issue should have occurred

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi Unicornlala, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the web safe. Can you confirm if you have done what was said in the last post? Are you still having issues with this or has this since been resolved? ^Chris  

Schmill
Dialled in

Since the VM site had its overhaul and re-layout the "Web Safe" settings page seems to be broken.

Previously you could have any combination of "Categories", "Sites Blocked", "Site Allowed" etc.

However now it seems that randomly everything deactivated (thanks Virgin!) - when I turn it back on I can select Categories and save them, but then the allowed / blocked websites lists are cleared.
I can then re-add sites to the "Blocked" list, but when I do that, the categories seem to reset back to none selected...

It seems the whole thing has been broken...

My Broadband Ping - My VM Connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup just replicated the above.