cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web safe

richardburton9
Joining in

I am unable to switch off web safe via the app. The page loops around and does not allow me to change the setting. Please can you correct. Thanks, Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Richard for replying

Is the Tv connected by ethernet or Wifi?

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

richardburton9
Joining in

I am unable to switch off web safe via the app. The page loops around and does not allow me to change the setting. Please can you correct. Thanks, Richard

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Richard

Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

One of the forum team should be along soon and can look into this for you, but it might take a day or two before they get here.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello richardburton9

Thanks for your post 

Sorry that you are having issues with Web safe

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for those details richardburton9

I have checked from here and its showing as switched off 

Can you try a website now, say a Gambling one 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth

No problem reaching a gambling site. When I look at my virgin settings they show off but I wondered if they really are off as there didn't seem anyway to turn them on of you wanted to (not that I do!).

I use my broadband to access TV and some evenings, programmes stop and start, and I read online that I should check the safety settings. I was also told that Virgin "strangle" the broadband on occasion - do you know if this is true? Any help gratefully received!

Thanks, Richard

Hi richard

If websafe was on then you would not be able to access that site. 

It is 100% off now 

Onto the TV issues 

Is this a smart Tv and how are you connected?

We don't have any traffic management in place any more 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, yes it is a smart TV. V rarely have problems during the day, but rather in the evenings. The broadband speed seems fine so not sure what the problem could be. It was suggested that websafe or Virgin traffic management could be the issue but it sounds like you've ruled these out.

Richard

Thanks Richard for replying

Is the Tv connected by ethernet or Wifi?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth - it's wi-fi and the speed is pretty consistent at 100. Unfortunately can't run and Ethernet cable. Richard