cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Safe issue

Dardanus
Tuning in

I was supplied with a new router two days ago after the existing router died.

After installing it I noticed that I now had a feature on my internet called Web safe, which blocked all adult sites through a parental control function.

I found out how to turn this function off, as there are no children in my household, only to find that despite it showing as turned off, it was still blocking all adult websites.

Can anyone help?

22 REPLIES 22

Hi Dardanus,

Thanks for checking for me and coming back.

I have raised an IT ticket for this issue under the reference: P009978755. Once the team have got me to me to confirm that the problem has been resolved, I'll pop back here to let you know.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by this.

You're more than welcome to come back here if you need anything else from us or if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Many thanks for your help Beth, I appreciate it.

Further to the above, the issue appears to have been resolved.
So many thanks to all who posted advice. I do appreciate it

I have exactly the same issue as described. I am not a new customer, but upgraded from 350 Mbps to the Gig1 service, and the Child Safe protection has been turned on, despite not being previously activated. The issue is compounded by the fact (reported elsewhere), that the ability to change the settings is currently not working through either browser or app.

if any VM officer can help, rather than me suffer the soul-destroying ordeal of attempting to contact an understanding human via the ‘phone, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Garry

The setting page is now accessible - but while I can seemingly turn it off, it hasn’t actually changed anything! This is ridiculous.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MaineKid2020,

have you tried rebooting your router to ensure the WebSafe signal has updated?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, not yet. I’ll try that tonight after I’ve watched the football. Thanks!

Rebooted the router - no change, alas!

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MaineKid2020 wrote:

The setting page is now accessible - but while I can seemingly turn it off, it hasn’t actually changed anything! This is ridiculous.

@ModTeam Please can you arrange for one of the forum team to manually turn off web safe for @MaineKid2020 as Garry appears to be affected by the current bug that is stopping some users from changing settings.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Somebody, somewhere, seems to have solved my issue. Thank you!