Menu
swinders
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Time restrictions on Hub 3.0

I've just moved to Virgin Media (Hub 3.0) from BT Infinity (HomeHub5) and am trying to setup similar time restrictions to turn the internet off for certain devices at night. When I go through the web interface for the Hub 3.0 to restrict an IP range at a specified time the WiFi appears to drop for every device and the only way I can gain any connectivity back is to reset the Hub.

Is it normal to completely loose all WiFi capability after making a change under the advanced options for the Hub 3.0? Seems to require a power cycle to regain access. I have tried changing settings under:

• Advanced Settings - Security - IP and Port filtering
  • Advanced Settings - Security - Port forwarding

When I signed up I was told that I would be able to set content filtering and these time based restrictions. The content filtering appears to be set from the main account web interface but device time restrictions are local and don't work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time restrictions on Hub 3.0

Hello swinders,

I am sorry but there is a bit of a bug with the Hub3 at the moment and MAC filtering however the IP filtering to the best of my knowledge works. It may be worth trying a factory reset of the hub and attempting again, we have a nice little guide here by the way, Set internet time limit for child not sure if you are already doing it but best to reserve an IP for a device.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
SH3user
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time restrictions on Hub 3.0

0 Kudos