cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blocked websites list gets removed

Suexx123
Tuning in

Hi All, 

Sorry to jump on this thread but I have been having the same issues and finding it infuriating. I regularly block YouTube for my children safety and mental health and for weeks now I have been unable to block this. 

I called VM and after waiting nearly an hour the person on the end of the phone reassured me that they had blocked it on there side. I checked while they were on the phone and it was still accessible. I told them this was the case and she then went on to lie to me and say it take 20 minutes for it to take affect. I knew this was an out and out lie and requested that I stay on the line and wait while they were there. She then stated this wasn't possible and the conversation ended. I have been trying over and over and am having the exact issues you all are. 

I am wondering what can be done about this! This is a concern as the protection of minors should be paramount. Could this be taken to social media? 

I am extremely concerned that this has been highlighted and not fixed immediately. 

Anyone found a way around this as my children's online safety is a priority for me and I really need to find a way to solve this ASAP. 

Many thanks 

13 REPLIES 13

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you see the old or new UI; see Re: Blocked websites list gets removed - Page 6 - Virgin Media Community - 4960465?

Have you considered using another service that provides similar or better functionality. This can be done by changing the DNS settings of either:

• your home network if using a third-party route — DNS cannot be changed on Hub; any devices connecting should automatically use the DNS configured unless manual set not to
  • on the device itself

Examples of such DNS service providers are:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Suexx123
Tuning in
i can access both and neither work

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you confirm when just using the older UI the issue still occurs?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Suexx123,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've come across some Web Safe issues and that you've had some issues blocking certain websites for your family's safety. 

We did experience some issues with our Web Safe settings recently, but it seems that this issue has now been resolved. You should be able to access further options via your online account's Web Safe Settings

Please let us know if this helps. If not, please bring this to our attention so we can help improve your services and experience further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 07.14.09.pngTh

The above message is what I see and continue to see, I am unable to block youtube. I have not tried any other site other than YouTube as this is the only site I wish to block. Please please get this fixed ASAP. 

I am using this - https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings

Hi Suexx123,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, can you please try to block other sites to see if it is an issue with Web Safe, if you face issues with other sites and are unable to block anything we may need to raise an I T ticket.

Regards

Paul.

This has happened again. Its infuriating that I cannot block websites. 

How can this be fixed? Its so unsafe. 

Thanks for coming back to us Suexx123, I have looked into this on our system and can see that the listing has been deleted from your web safe account on 02/01/23. I have now re-added this to your web safe settings. Please can you reboot your hub and let me know if that has helped to resolve the issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L