Menu
Highlighted
radian
Tuning in
Message 11 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac Filtering Hub 3

Simple question, exactly when will the Mac filtering be fixed please? 

SH3user
Superfast
Message 12 of 55
Flag for a moderator

The MAC filter blocks a individual device from the internet completely but with timed access as well you can limit access for an individual device which is what I previously had on the Superhub. There was no sign of this feature on the hub3 and no sign of it being added at some future time so I had to buy a separate router and operate the hub3 in modem mode. The kids now know when the internet will be on and off so no more moaning at bedtime. The feature should have been included from new although VM told me that not many people use it!!!

radian
Tuning in
Message 13 of 55
Flag for a moderator

The hub3 has the feature it simply just doesn't work and completely blocks anything you filter rather than. Just doing it at the selected times. 

SH3user
Superfast
Message 14 of 55
Flag for a moderator

You are correct Radian. I just forgot to add the word Working to my previous post.

0 Kudos
therigler
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have just spent a while with tech support to be told it's a software issue which he said would be updated in June, Do you know this to be true? If I do end up buying another router, what would you recommend that can carry the Virgin speed?

Regards  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
therigler
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I have just been on to tech support who said there will be an update released  in June. However, if I'd known that Mac filtering did not work I would not have taken it out. I need it to manage my kid's devices

0 Kudos
therigler
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Dear Nicola.

I have tried this but this too is unstable and doesn't work well. A red warning message even comes up advising that "the HUB 3 has many bugs and not all functions may work" I have not been with Virgin a week and so far not impressed with the HUB 3s ability to control devices. I'm sure if one was not having to use said functions to manage my family's usage, it wouldn't be a problem. Will Virgin supply its customers with a hub that works free of charge when these problems are resolved? Also, when will this be?

0 Kudos
SH3user
Superfast
Message 18 of 55
Flag for a moderator

They tell people anything they wish to hear. Been on this subject for over a year now. Do a search on this site and read the many threads. If you need the function to work buy a separate router. I have an Asus RT-AC3200 which works fine and has additional security features although other models are available at a lower price.

therigler
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. It just galls me to buy something extra that should be there already. The reason I took out virgin was the reasonable first year offer,( I'm a serial switcher) so any money saved would be lost. Saying that, it would save on arguments in the house

0 Kudos
therigler
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 55
Flag for a moderator

haha And I thouhght managing kids wifi was good parenting. I'm going to try my old router first (a Plusnet one from my last provider). I have seen hot to switch the Virgin router to Modem mode however, how do I connect the two? Is it just an ethernet cable from Virgin Hub 3 to an an ethernet Port on my Plusnet router?