Menu
Minty79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

MAC Filtering with time restrictions

I was trying to configure MAC filtering over the weekend to restrict access at certain times (stopping the kids from using there devices constantly)

I configure the settings as I wanted (on a Superhub 3 btw) but when testing outside of the restricted hours the devices are still blocked, it would appear that MAC Filtering is either on or off and the time restrictions are simply ignored.

I have seen a few posts from last year saying this is a known issue, is this still an known issue ?  and if so can anyone recommend a decent router to achieve the above with the Superhub in modem mode.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: MAC Filtering with time restrictions

It is still broke, yes. Probably will never be fixed. Most reccomendations are for asus routers  

check prices , specs as they have a range of options

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is still broke, yes. Probably will never be fixed. Most reccomendations are for asus routers  

check prices , specs as they have a range of options

Minty79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply, can't believe something so simple hasn't been fixed !!

I'll take a look at the ASUS routers see which one fits my needs best.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
lionwheeler
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have just been through the process of setting time limits just like the other virgin media customers on Superhub 3 only to find that its defunct. Could someone explain if I use another router (with the VM router in modem mode ) how to connect it up and how the two gadgets work together. I'm really not sure technically what the difference is and why/ how use both other that they are both tools to access the internet.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1. go choose a specific model ( I suggest from the ASUS range, that is affordable and has the features you are looking for.

2. set up help will be easier to provide  once you have a specific model.

3. as to how they work, the virgin kit goes back to being just a modem, i.e. all it does is  connect to virgin servers to send /receive data. Your new device does all therouting ( that is why its called a router) i.e. handles all the connections to all of your wired and wireless devices, provides the wifi station(s) to connect to . a single cable connects your router to the virgin modem

0 Kudos
lotari
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think we need to complain virgin of this stupid bug. Why we have to spend more money but the virgin made fault.

0 Kudos