Menu
Fliptophat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Limiting internet access to kids children

VIRGIN!

Listen up! Fix the MAC filtering on the super hub 3. 

It doesn't work! The timing setting is faulty! 

Been too long....you need to explain!

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Limiting internet access to kids children

wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime soon either.. only other option would be putting hub into modem mode attach a 3rd party router that does have functional time limiting mac filtering.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well no VM should do something about this...I vote to remove it!

Think of it this way if your not using MAC filtering now you likely don't need it because if you did you would of gotten your own router by now.

0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Here here. The mac entry is sometime two rows out when adding the rules and the timer settings are not saved in nvm, so you lose them after a reboot. Kids are clever enough to realise that a power cycle will clear the filters. Poor testing of software functionality.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The good news everybody, is that VM are aware about the issue regarding incorrect macs being applied to the filter list and also about the timers disappearing after a restart. The first fix is being rolled out as we speak and the second is due to be tested in February, before rolling out in the following months. In addition, the sh3 problem with multiple time periods is also being re raised, so hopefully that will appear in sh3, as it did in sh2 / sh2ac 😄👍
0 Kudos
Fliptophat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I’m still using the only virgin hub that has a working MAC filtering; the old but so useful super hub 1 (yes that’s a SH1 - one), please do let me know if these changes do actually fix the faulty SH3 MAC filtering multiple time slots for different kids devices issue.

i know I could buy a separate router and have more cables, plugs, and devices messing up the house, but actually Virgin should make their device work properly, like all the other big internet providers who can limit kids time on screens. 

Good to hear something is being done....at last...and I hope for good news....one day....cheers

0 Kudos