cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't use Child Safe.

Jonno12321
On our wavelength

Every time I try to turn it on I just get an error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue awaiting an update from the forum team. In the meantime consider using another service that provides similar or better functionality. This can be done by changing the DNS settings of either:

• your home network if using a third-party route — DNS cannot be changed on Hub; any devices connecting should automatically use the DNS configured unless manual set not to
  • on the device itself

Examples of such DNS service providers are:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Jonno12321
On our wavelength
Every time I click to sweitch it on it just says

"Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again"

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue awaiting an update from the forum team. In the meantime consider using another service that provides similar or better functionality. This can be done by changing the DNS settings of either:

• your home network if using a third-party route — DNS cannot be changed on Hub; any devices connecting should automatically use the DNS configured unless manual set not to
  • on the device itself

Examples of such DNS service providers are:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Jonno12321,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with Child safe, this is currently being investigated at the moment. 

Has the advice and temporary workaround from @用心棒, helped you to block the content that you didn't want to be seen?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes,

I've changed the DNS on the devices I want to protect and it seems to work well so far.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there Jonno12321,

Welcome back to the community!

I'm glad things seem to be working for you now.

If you do face any further trouble then pop back up and we'll advise further. 

Thanks,

Kain