cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable Websafe

nikbower
Joining in

I am having the same problem that several other people have reported on the forum.

I want to enable Child Safe in my Web Safe settings.  When I go to the online security page (https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit) I can see my current settings are set to "off" for this service.

There is a link to the web safe settings page (https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings) but when I click on the link, it just reloads the online security page.  Same result if I go via the My Apps menu.  Same result if I paste the hyperlink into my address bar.  Same result with different browsers and on different machines.

Can a VM helper please PM me to sort this out?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nikbower, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear you're unable to activate Child Safe.

I'm more than happy to send you a PM to pass security and get this sorted for you - please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nikbower, thanks a lot for your confirmation of requested details via PM.

I've amended the settings for you now as per your request, so can you please see if the settings have changed for you on your account and perhaps trialling a site you feel should be blocked by our Child Safe?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks this has been enabled now.  It blocks websites, but doesn't filter Google search results, so it's not a complete solution.  But a step in the right direction. Thank you.

Hello, I am having the same issue. Please could child safe be turned on for my account?

Hello AlGreer,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with enabling Child Safe looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll send you a PM now so we can take a look and manually switch it on via our side. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Hi AlGreer,

I was able to turn your Child Safe on via my side, please reboot your Hub and any devices to see if the change reflects on your side. 

If it's still showing as off then give it around an hour to catch up. If you still need further help after this then just come back to me 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L