cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn websafe and child safe off

smt-pi
Tuning in

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue. Switched off child safe, (the page shows that it is disabled), received a confirmation email to say that settings have changed, but still cannot access several websites (receiving a 'child safe settings set to on' message).

Please can you look into this also? 

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @smt-pi, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with web safe and child safe via your online account.

Just to confirm, have you been able to try this on multiple browsers as well as clear cookies and cache on the browsers to see if this helps with the issue?

If you need any further help after checking this please let us know, we are happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Yes - tried multiple browsers / multiple devices.

I think that the issue is that I seem to have two accounts. I moved house earlier this year. Looking at my latest bill, the account number does not match what is shown on the account settings page on the website. The email address has remained the same.

Can I get the two accounts merged? Or the old one deleted?

Simon

Your older account from your previous address should no longer be active. 

You would have also received a new account number and needed to create a new online account for your new address. Can you please try registering for a new online account here with your new account number. 

Please let us know if you have any issue registering for your online account for your new address. Your account number will be shown on your most recent bills for your new address and your contract. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

I've tried that, but it won't let me register again - it says 'Looks like there's already an account set up with the email address below.'

Do you have another email address you can use to setup the online account? You can change the email address at a later point to another if you wish too. 

^Martin

Hi Martin,

I bit the bullet and called technical support, who were able to fix my problem by registering another email address (I couldn't do it without the assistance of someone from tech support though). Not ideal that they couldn't simply unlink the old account from my proper email address, but the issue is resolved. 

The staff are very friendly and helpful once you get through to somebody, but that is quite a mission to do! Took me a quite while to find the phone number from the website, and a few goes to navigate the menu system to speak to somebody.

Anyway, as mentioned, the issue is resolved, so thanks for your help.

Hi Smt-pi,

Thanks for your reply about this issue with your web/child safe features, I am so glad you managed to get this sorted via the other fault team. 

I appreciate it was a slog trying to get to them initially, we can feed this back. 

Thanks for updating us 🙂

Megan_L