cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stream

Freeway1
Joining in

Why can't i have stream and tv 360 can my wife get stream she has never had an account with virgin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Freeway1 wrote:

Hi ok thanks for all the replies, i get the picture, but just to be clear it is not a smart tv in the kitchen, in between the router and the tv is a dining room and a hallway, normal tv signals from the roof are pointing  180 degrees from the kitchen so to recap, cable would be very long and pegged around the house, areil would be a long cable again pegged to the wall  or whatever all other streaming boxes dont do broadcast tv as it happens, so in this case it would have been a godsend, oh well maybe in the future?? cant see why you would not like to sell them to whoever wanted one its a way of getting cash in and why wire it so you cant have both makes no sense at all and if you are placing them in 02 stores for advertisment, (thats where i saw one) whats the point? 02 staff dont know anything about them when you ask to buy one "we dont have any and cant sell them you need to talk to virgin"  

OK rant over just really disappointed

Thanks

A lot of the restrictions to how you view content are down to channel & content owners themselves, not service providers. Most of them would like to give you all these facilities. To give you a good example, Talking Pictures TV has a broadcast channel, but is not carried on any streaming services. The channel itself allows you to stream direct from their website, but nearly 40% of the programme output blocked & carries an apology advising you to view the programme via their broadcast channel due to rights issues.   Rights are sold as either broadcast or streaming or even streaming only to portable devices, not both. The rights holders get more money that way.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V360 & Stream are two totally different TV platforms.

V360 is a broadcast TV platform. Stream uses an internet IPTV platform. The two cannot be mixed

The only way to get the two is to have two totally separate VM accounts & basically pay twice for everything (ie.Two Broadband connections & modems).

The same applies for other providers. You cannot have SkyQ (broadcast) & Sky Stream (IP) on the same account.

The possible alternative is to order Sky Stream, which can be used on any providers internet. But as stated before, you will still have to pay twice for your TV packages, once to Virgin for V360 & again to Sky for Sky Stream.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Some people will find that Freeview and a streaming device will give them most of what they want. I use the Fire TV Stick 4K Max every day and it has everything that my V6 doesn't provide.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for your reply, what i wanted to do was this i ahve a 360 in the front room for my main tv, i have a second 360 upstairs in my wifes bedroom(she is disabled) i cant get virgin into the kitchen at the back of the house, no room for 360 there tv on wall to far away from any 360 and not enough countertop space for one (wires) so ideal answer is virgin stream to attach to back of tv stream LIVE TV as its broadcast so when shes in there she can watch news eastenders emmdale, get the picture?? there must be someway? no external connections to tv either. thanks guys

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Freeway1 wrote:

deal answer is virgin stream to attach to back of tv stream LIVE TV as its broadcast so when shes in there she can watch news eastenders emmdale, get the picture?? there must be someway? no external connections to tv either. thanks guys

Your wife should already be able to watch the news, eastenders, emmerdale and other programs from live terrestrial broadcasters on her kitchen TV. If it's a smart TV then she should be able to use apps to watch other non terrestial programs/channels via apps.

Although you say you dont want any external connections, an additional 360, or even a Stream box (which unfortunately isn't possible) would be an external connection.

If it isn't a smart TV but has an HDMI slot then you should be able to use a firestick which has an abundance of apps available as suggested by @Roger_Gooner  It would attach to the TV in the same was as a Stream box (HDMI Port), however you should be able to power it by the TV's built in USB port, rather than having to use another cable to the mains socket.

They should be discounted in the Amazon Spring sale which  runs from tomorrow Monday 27th March to Wednesday 29th March.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Freeway1,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

What has been advised already is correct, sadly we are not able to provide both a TV 360 subscription as well as a Stream box on the same account or the same property. 

Even if you did have an additional Stream as stated we would try to wire it in majority of cases to provided the best service to the Stream box.

Hope this helps. Joe

Hi ok thanks for all the replies, i get the picture, but just to be clear it is not a smart tv in the kitchen, in between the router and the tv is a dining room and a hallway, normal tv signals from the roof are pointing  180 degrees from the kitchen so to recap, cable would be very long and pegged around the house, areil would be a long cable again pegged to the wall  or whatever all other streaming boxes dont do broadcast tv as it happens, so in this case it would have been a godsend, oh well maybe in the future?? cant see why you would not like to sell them to whoever wanted one its a way of getting cash in and why wire it so you cant have both makes no sense at all and if you are placing them in 02 stores for advertisment, (thats where i saw one) whats the point? 02 staff dont know anything about them when you ask to buy one "we dont have any and cant sell them you need to talk to virgin"  

Thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Freeway1 wrote:

Thanks

A lot of the restrictions to how you view content are down to channel & content owners themselves, not service providers. Most of them would like to give you all these facilities. To give you a good example, Talking Pictures TV has a broadcast channel, but is not carried on any streaming services. The channel itself allows you to stream direct from their website, but nearly 40% of the programme output blocked & carries an apology advising you to view the programme via their broadcast channel due to rights issues.   Rights are sold as either broadcast or streaming or even streaming only to portable devices, not both. The rights holders get more money that way.

Thank you for reaching out and we understand this and I will be sure to pass your feedback to the relevant team. 

In the future we could start offering both but right now we don't. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi thanks for all the help this site has given me, however could you please give them a nudge to send the pod that they side they would send 2 weeks ago, i have 3 dead spots in the house, upstairs back bedroom, upstairs study (front) and the dining room which is connected by 2 home plugs at the moment (very slow....cheap ones) it may turn out i only need the one but i wont know if they dont send it, again many thanks for all your help

Ian