cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we be able to have more than 1 stream box?

handsomeinked
Up to speed

Are there any plans to allow more than a single stream box per household? I get it can be easily moved from one room to another but given Sky allows more than one stream puck AND allows the Sky Go app to be installed on AppleTV boxes (so long as they have mulitroom) it seems kind of backwards neither of these are an option. It's also worth noting that your competitor in Ireland Eir has full integration on AppleTV boxes, it feels a little like Virgin only has the speed of its broadband as a selling point. Even this is being rapidly lost as more and more Altnets (CityFibre, Fibrus, Zzoomm to name but a few) have packages available of at least 2Gbps with networks which can support up to 20Gbps symmetrical or are rolling are currently rolling said speeds out. If Virgin media aren't very careful and don't start acting quickly they will soon get left being and become irrelevant. 

It’s always best to be positive but we all have crappy days.

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Gig1
5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At the moment there are no plans to allow more than one per account. Carriage on TV Go is subject to broadcast agreements, which until now will only allow use on phones & tablets.

As far as the Broadband side goes, the current HFC network can deliver up to 10Gb download (with 20% upload) without any modifications. This is sufficient for most customers. However, there is a push by Government for full fibre on all networks, so a rollout of infrastructure changes to put in fibre cabinets alongside HFC is already in progress. With this VM is also moving from DOCSIS to XGS-PON to give fully symmetrical connections, a project scheduled to complete in 2028.

https://www.lightreading.com/opticalip/fttx/virgin-dooms-docsis-in-uk-with-fiber-for-all-plan/d/d-id... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I realise you’re trying to level up or get a job as a mod but you missed the point of the post. 

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@handsomeinked wrote:

I realise you’re trying to level up or get a job as a mod but you missed the point of the post. 

I do not work for VM, & have no plans too. But to say they are doing nothing is blatantly untrue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey handsomeinked, thank you for reaching out for your question today.

Currently right now you can only have one stream box, however this could change in the near future. 

I will be sure to pass your feedback on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Now that is a helpful response. 

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc