cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add packages to new stream box

Akira9
Joining in

Hi,

Just received my new stream box yesterday. I was able to set up and get activated straight away and able to watch the basic channels. I tried to add bt sports yesterday but the upgrade app does not work. I tried using the website to add this but it did not recognise I had activated the service. I then chatted to support via WhatsApp who said they could add this for me and I would be able to view straight away. This did not work and they then said it would take 24 hours as I had only registered the box that day. Now 24 hours on still no bt sport. It doesn’t show on my account so I don’t know if I am paying for this or not? The only change in the last 24 hours is that I can see stream has been added as a service on my profile, however still not able to add packages because there is a fault? I have no idea how to fix this, or what is going on with my account? Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Akira9
Joining in

Not getting much joy from any of the support channels provided by virgin media. Might be time to switch to another provider?

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Akira9,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're facing some issues adding channels/apps and content to your Stream box. What happens exactly when you attempt to update your subscription via your online account? When did you activate the service?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

A76358AD-4B32-430F-8E91-FDA056E4E69E.png

 Activated the box Tuesday 24th. My account has been like this since. Called customer support on Friday, they could not diagnose the problem. Technician came out Saturday who was not able to do anything as issue is with app/account. It’s clear from seeing others with same issue that there is a problem linking these boxes to customer accounts. Have raised a complaint as issue needs to be investigated properly. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Akira9,

Thanks for providing that additional information on this. I've had a look on our end and can see that you have spoken to our team since your last post, and they have been able to raise this directly with our Technical Teams.

Have you had any further contact from these teams, been provided an estimated fix time, or been advised on the next steps for this?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

No contact yet but was advised it might take a few days. Have seen another post from someone who had the same issue and it was resolved by rebuilding their account. Hopefully it’s the same fix for me.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Akira9,

Thank you for the update. 

I have checked from our side today and can see our team were working on this issue yesterday. 

Have you received any updates at all? 

Thanks, 

Nat