cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Order Stream

CheshireBlue
Tuning in

A bit of a weird one at the moment. I'm trying to order Stream and I am happy to pay the £35 set-up fee. However, the CS advisor on WhatsApp is also trying to charge £70 delivery charge. When challenged, it was due to where I live and eligibility.

I have 500mb broadband with O2 sim and no TV package. I also live in England, so location can't be an issue either. It's either teething issues with regards to the ordering process, or Virgin are trying to have me off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CheshireBlue 

Sorry to see you are having issues trying to order the Stream box.

It's only just been introduced today and likely most agents haven't been briefed about it yet, or not yet received any additional training.

Going by all the details I've seen then since you are a current VM broadband customer there is no charge for the Stream service, but a one-off £35 Stream activation fee applies, along with charges & terms for any Stream subscription you may want to add as an extra.

There shouldn't be any installation fee as it's self install, however although I can't see it listed anywhere there may be a nominal delivery charge of £5.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CheshireBlue 

Sorry to see you are having issues trying to order the Stream box.

It's only just been introduced today and likely most agents haven't been briefed about it yet, or not yet received any additional training.

Going by all the details I've seen then since you are a current VM broadband customer there is no charge for the Stream service, but a one-off £35 Stream activation fee applies, along with charges & terms for any Stream subscription you may want to add as an extra.

There shouldn't be any installation fee as it's self install, however although I can't see it listed anywhere there may be a nominal delivery charge of £5.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo

Thanks for the reply.

Well after a bit of perserverance and asking politely to justify the mystery £70 charge, this has now been "waivered". Order now being processed, so hopefully will have confirmation of delivery date shortly.

Edit: Delivery confirmed for April 29th.

Hi there @ChesireBlue

Thank you so much for your update and I'm so glad you were able to get this date confirmed.

Now that it is the 29th have you received and installed the box? 

Thank you.

Hi @Ashleigh_C

Yes, received the box, but been at work so only just home to setup. Unfortunately, I have received a CS1011 error and my account can’t be retrieved. Following some advice I found online as something similar impacted the 360 box, I have turned the power off and waiting 10 minutes. If that doesn’t work, what is the best course of action?

Edit: That didn’t work. Still getting the same error message. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CheshireBlue 

That can be an account retrieval error meaning it hasn't been set up on the VM yet, or incorrectly. It may need passing to 2nd level support if the faults team can't do it.

It's also possibly  an activation issue that may be solved by calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the mini box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

EDIT - With the Stream being new the error code might be a slight variation from the normal 360 which needs connecting by coaxial.

Did the Stream box connect to the internet? It might not have picked up the wireless signal. If it's near your hub can you try an ethernet connection ( the ethernet cable goes into the RJ45 socket on the mains adapter)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks @newapollo. A bit frustrating as I was looking forward to giving a spin tonight. I’ll give them a call tomorrow at some point. 

@CheshireBlue wrote:

Thanks @newapollo. A bit frustrating as I was looking forward to giving a spin tonight. I’ll give them a call tomorrow at some point. 

Is this resolved now?

Hi @BlueLou

I am in work at the moment so haven’t had the chance to call the relevant team and get it sorted. Just in case, I did try via the WhatsApp chat, but they were unable to process an activation for me.

Edit:

I managed to call on my lunch and all seems to note be working. It’s in my account via the app and speaking to home, it was updating the latest update. Will have a proper look at it this evening.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ChesireBlue

Thanks for getting back to us with an update, how is everything working for you now following the update? 

Kind regards,

Serena