cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streambox light is always red

zing306
Joining in

Hi, I am a new customer to virgin media.

I have taken fibre BroadBand connection with streambox, I  have also subscribed to entertainment service , Netflix. No TV bundle though.

I received a router,  streambox and a remote.

The router is connected and I am able to use broadband without any issues. I have also connected the streambox with the USB power and also the hdmi to the TV. The streambox is always having a red light glowing, the remote is having a flashing white light. But beyond that I am unable to set up the streambox as nothing comes on the TV

pls help

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That’s exactly what I had originally, changing the USB lead got mine going, maybe you have a bad power plug and or lead with yours?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

johndm
Superfast

Try a different USB lead, there are a lot of faulty cables being sent out with these boxes 

Definitely not the cable. I've got the same issue and the cable has been changed to a known working one. The stream box does not come out of stand by (red light) either by pressing the button on the box or from using the remote.

I've been able to run a software update on the box (gleamed this from another post) and now after the welcome screen a message appears saying "your virgin TV box needs more power to start up. Please plug it into an electrical socket"... Well it is plugged in to a socket with the supplied plug, so perhaps the plug is at fault and not the cable and if it's not the cable or plug it's the box. Poor @Virginmedia... Very poor 

That’s exactly what I had originally, changing the USB lead got mine going, maybe you have a bad power plug and or lead with yours?

Thanks so much. Switching to a new cable worked.