cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream poor and dark picture quality

mouky
Joining in

Hello, 

I have been a stream customer for a few months now, but barely use the service as I find the pictures are a lot darker than when watching via my apple box. After looking into the settings today again, i still can't find a way to improve the brightness of the picture, which is really a shame as it really could be a great service. Is anyone finding this a problem? As mentioned, the brightness is fine on all other boxes and it's nothing to do with my TV settings itself and limited to anything via the Stream box. Any suggestions will be welcomed 

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there mouky,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're facing picture issues with the Stream box, to clarify is it on all apps that you have on the box?

Also if you can, has the HDMI been changed to see if that helps?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi,

Thank you for the response - yes, the issue affects all the apps. The HDMI cable itself has no issues, as the same cable when used with Apple TV box produces a far superior picture.

Hi @mouky,

Is it possible to test a different HDMI cable with the Stream box?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Festwit
On our wavelength

Hello all, I am new to stream, and like it in general, however, I am getting the same issue, I.e the picture is dark and I can find no way of adjusting it. I’ve followed the steps in this thread, the hdmi has been swapped etc, I’ve also looked everywhere in the menus, but cannot find a way to adjust the brightness level. Can anyone advise please?

thanks in advance 

Donfor40
Superfast

I haven't considered possible dark or duller effect.

Though I have changed oled from Pro to Game picture mode which is brighter, though that was for ps5 games.