cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream package upgrade

Paul521
Tuning in

Just got a stream box and ordered essential entertainment package. The box is installed but the essential entertainment package is pending and won't update. An hour on the phone with virgin and a promise of a call back after escalating that hasn't materialised. Can anyone help? Seems I am not the only one who has this problem! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us @Paul521 and I'm sorry that your update has still not been completed, we may need to send out a technician to get this looked into further for you. 

Are you able to post a picture of the update from the screen? 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I have been back into tech who have now admitted they can't fix it. They are sending me a new box to see if that will resolve it. 

Thanks for your response. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Paul521

Sorry to hear of the delays with the entertainment package being applied, we can appreciate the frustration and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Welcome to the forum and community.

It's been a few days since your post so we're just checking in to see if this is still something you require assistance with? If so please let us know or check here for help with the Stream service.

Rob

Hi Rob, 

Unfortunately nothing has changed and still nobody has followed my problem up with a call. Also the link you inserted won't open for me. 

Still updating 1 week later - think it's safe to say it isn't going to update without intervention. 😩

Thanks for coming back to us @Paul521 and I'm sorry that your update has still not been completed, we may need to send out a technician to get this looked into further for you. 

Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I have been back into tech who have now admitted they can't fix it. They are sending me a new box to see if that will resolve it. 

Thanks for your response. 

Hi @Paul521

Thanks for keeping us updated. Let us know how you get on with the new equipment. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. We'll be here to help if you need any further assistance at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

@steven L,

NOW got a new box - same problem! I'm exhausted with it now and ready to tell virgin to come take it and cancel my complete subscription my experience has been terrible and this issue clearly cannot be fixed. I now have 2 free view boxes and I paid £35 for them!

The Essential Entertainment package is still pending as it has been for 2 weeks. I wish I hadn't left Sky now. 😢

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul521, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear the new box hasn't worked. 

I have referred this over to the relevant team and they should be in touch with you within 5 days via email. 

Please let me know how it goes by updating the thread. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath F

Thanks for your message. I have raised a complaint. It's more than 2 weeks now and I still have a box that can do no more than my tvs can. There are alternatives that I will now explore as I'm thoroughly fed up. 

Hi @Paul521 thanks for your reply - I can appreciate your frustrations.

I understand you do want to raise a complaint about this (and may have done so), but the likelihood is that the team that Kath has raised this to will come back to you quicker - just to keep you aware of this.

As soon as we have further updates on this, we'll be in touch ASAP. 

Many thanks

Tom_W