cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box not working

Ma1983
Joining in

Hi,

I had my electricity disconnected for a smart meter installation. When the power came back on I can't get my stream box to work. It goes to welcome screen then black. Remote doesn't power anything. I have tried pairing using TV and zero but it just flashes white in the right hand corner of remote. Can anyone advise? 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ma1983 

You could try a soft reset and/or a hard reset.

(I hope you don't have to be a contortionist to do this)

Unplug the USB from the back of the box and then hold the power button on the front of the box while  plugging the USB back in. (Keep hold of the power button while doing this)

Keep holding the power button in when the Welcome screen appears for 5 seconds and then let go. 

A menu will appear. Now tap the power button to select which reset option (hard or soft) you prefer. I would try the soft reset option first, and if that fails try the hard reset.

Then hold the power button again for 5 seconds on the one selected option to reset it. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, 

I will try that. The box is now actually powering up and I can see the home screen but the remote is just not powering it. 

[MOD EDIT: viewability

Tried the soft and hard rest. Remote still not working. Took batteries out replaced, tried again. Won't seem to pair. The home screen is showing on the box but the remote just flashes white in the top corner and doesn't work. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  again @Ma1983 

Thanks for updating the thread.

Seeing the Home screen is a step in the right direction.

Go to the following <<< Stream help page >>> 

It will walk you through steps with the remote not working, and also has a section you can click on to order a replacement remote.

The page to order the replacement remote also has a link to download the TV Control app which it says you can use as a temporary  replacement remote.  To be honest I'm not too sure if that app works with the Stream box, so I would also suggest downloading the TVGO app to use as a temporary remote. 

There's a link to download the TVGO app on this virgin-tv-edit/  page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Ma1983

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with Stream Remote after the smart meter was installed. 

If you haven't been able to get a remote ordered yet?

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you for those details Ma1983.

Now we have arranged a fault appointment.

Can you please let me know how the visit goes.

Gareth_L

Such a brilliant answer. 

I am quite good with tech and my head was baffled with this. I changed HDMI leads, Ethernet leads, rebooted modem and the full works. I did your ‘soft reset’ method and bam.. it was working again. Thank you for the comment. This is such a handy forum. 

Glad to hear this bigfreddeh.

If you need anything else in the near future you know where to find us. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?