cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box no signal. Any ideas?

Jamesthepar
Joining in

Blue light, get welcome screen if I reboot, but no signal. Not had a great experience with virgin so far, broadband was up for about 14 hours after install and just had an engineer fix it today, sadly didn't check that everything was working.

4 REPLIES 4

Retrosi
Joining in

Hi, are you using the ethernet cable?

I am, I found that leaving the box on and turning it off and on but only until you get the downloading screen then let it do it's thing.

I first had it show downloading but after a few minutes it showed "error call VM"

I did, I also left it on that screen, whilst waiting for VM to answer after about 15 minutes the screen changed to downloading, it did this and rebooted about 4 times before it showed it was finished and ready.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jamesthepar,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're facing problems with your Stream Box showing a blue light. Have you been able to get things sorted using the advice from @Retrosi? Upon the first setup, the Welcome screen can take some time to change as it is a brand new setup.

Can you please try to reboot the Stream device by unplugging it and waiting for 20 seconds before turning it back on? In addition, is your Hub in Modem Mode, or Router Mode as this can sometimes affect the first setup.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks both for getting back on this. The issue is resolved, not sure how but it's working again. Maybe I just hadn't undone and redone the connections enough. Fingers crossed it stays alive.

Hey Jamesthepar, thank you for letting us know this is now resolved. 

If you ever need anything again in the future, please do feel free to reach out anytime.

I hope you have a lovely day. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?