cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box first impressions

corky123
Dialled in

I called up last Friday to get a stream box, was only on the phone for 5 mins, it arrived today, plugged it in, it done a software update, I added a profile and my FTA channels, all done.

Very pleased with this tiny streaming box, it’s so small. I mainly wanted it for the FTA channels.

all the apps like Netflix and Disney all work fine, although a bit sluggish navigating compared to other higher spec devices which is to be expected.

live tv picture quality is very good, as good as my old sky dish I would say, watching on a 55” tv.

only thing on my wish list is if I could watch regional news in London instead of Anglia, other than that very happy.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@corky123 wrote:

I called up last Friday to get a stream box, was only on the phone for 5 mins, it arrived today, plugged it in, it done a software update, I added a profile and my FTA channels, all done.

Very pleased with this tiny streaming box, it’s so small. I mainly wanted it for the FTA channels.

all the apps like Netflix and Disney all work fine, although a bit sluggish navigating compared to other higher spec devices which is to be expected.

live tv picture quality is very good, as good as my old sky dish I would say, watching on a 55” tv.

only thing on my wish list is if I could watch regional news in London instead of Anglia, other than that very happy.

Hi @corky123 

Thanks for you post, it's good to see first thoughts and feedback.

You should be able to watch the BBC London regional news on channel 861.

You can also open and set up iPlayer to watch the regional news from your region by clicking on search and typing in BBC London.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ok thanks for the feedback for BBC, it was more ITV really, I’m used to the London regional news on this channel.

Just checked and there is no channel 861, the channels don’t go up that far.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @corky123 

Sorry about that channel not being available on the new Stream box.

I'm afraid I can't check it as I have the 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@corky123 wrote:

Ok thanks for the feedback for BBC, it was more ITV really, I’m used to the London regional news on this channel.

hi there. Do you live in London? 
What BBC region do you have on 101?

I’m not too far from London, it just my old sat box used to get the London region that’s all.

101 is BBC1 Anglia which is correct for this region.